Baguio City – The Local Governments of Baguio and Benguet suspended classes in all levels tomorrow, September 17, 2018.
Baguio Mayor Mauricio Domogan added the tertiary level including techvoc and graduate school in tomorrow’s suspension. It will be recalled that he had already suspended classes from pre-school to senior high school from September 17-21 as early as two weeks ago in view of the city’s hosting of the Batang Pinoy competitions.
While the weather has already significantly improved, Domogan said the suspension of the classes was to pave the way for the conduct of cleanup activities after the onslaught of typhoon Ompong.
Benguet Governor Cresencio Pacalso, for his part, said through the Benguent PDRRMC that the suspension of classes in all levels, both public and private, is for school personnel to ensure classrooms are ready for classes & for communities to ensure access routes to schools are passable and safe.
In a related development, the provinces of Benguet and Abra have already declared their areas in state of calamity while Apayao intends to follow suit.
By: ARMANDO M. BOLISLIS