PESO to open SPES application

TABUK CITY, Kalinga – The City Government of Tabuk through its Public Employment Service Office (PESO) will begin receiving applications for the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) for college and senior high school students this February.

The SPES provides opportunity for poor but deserving college and senior high school students to earn money on their semestral break or summer vacation.

Divina delos Santos of PESO, who said that there are 760 slots for Tabuk applicants mentioned that there will be three batches of deployment from April until June this year.

She explained that the 690 slots will be paid P300.00 per day; 60% of which is given by the Department of Labor and Employment while the remaining 40% is an LGU counterpart. Meanwhile, the compensation for the 70 slots is P250.00 daily to be paid fully by the LGU.

In terms of their areas of assignment, delos Santos informed that SPES beneficiaries will be deployed in the offices of the city government while others will be working in their respective barangays to perform clerical works and other tasks as may be assigned.

Having in mind the huge population of students qualified for the program, she also said that the application is on first come, first serve basis to accommodate only the qualified applicants.

The requirements for the program are original and photocopy of birth certificate, latest copy of grades, and voters certification of parents if the applicant is below 18 years old. qualifying examination shall likewise be conducted before the start of deployment.

By Darwin S. Serion

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

code