“They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues”
This is very true even nowadays, we like always to be at the spotlight, step on others toe or even bump others to be alone at the center center stage. We do whatever it takes to be at the pedestal. In the social media flatform “gusto natin maging trending- dami likes, hearts and etc.” We are becoming superficial and self-centered.
I have a very good experience in a turnover ceremony of officers in the Realty Organization our friend brought us to join for exposure.
During the event he introduce us to the out-going president. He is a very warm person then during the event I saw him all over the place arranging the tables and chairs. He does the little things. Our friend told us he is like that he is active and does little things. Much more he takes the initiative to move to say hello to welcome one and all.
As an observer, it came to my mind, this short episode, I can conclude, He is not the typical leader who just sits his ass on the presidential table and let all things come to him. He is one of a kind leader worth to emulate.
The barangay election was just concluded and the people have spoken through their vote for whom they want as leaders. Barangay leaders play a significant role in the community. Barangay is the basic unit in the political structure of our country. It is where good thing starts! Thus, our newly elected Brgy. Officials must always mirror themselves of what a leader must be.
I kept notes last January 22, 2020, Dr. Mark Louw was the speaker during the Installation of Rev. Allan Prado as the 12th President of Philippine Nazarene College. According to him, As Leadership starts from the heart. Caring leaders must be:
- Leaders Speak gracefully- watch/choose the words they say.. choose to bless people…
- Leaders Speak gratefully- choose to embrace gratitude
- Leaders Listen intently- for listening leads to understanding and also leads to conflict management
- Leaders are proactive- they are men of good actions..
- Leaders forgive freely- forgiveness empowers people…
- Leaders have visions: achieve the vision by collaboration.. work as a team…
- Leaders live in compassion… Lead always with a heart.
- Leaders seek wisdom from God. For only by humbly asking God that a leader will be blessed with wisdom.
These are all the same with Christ action- a humble servant- leader. This not only applies to leaders but all of us. We may pause a moment to reflect on what is the purpose of our existence: to be branded a social influencer on a media platform or to be a meek and humble person whose action is in accordance with the will of God.